A local charity established in 2008 whose primary objective is to promote cultural, social, educational, health and economic activities among our community in the Milton Keynes area and the wider UK and Caribbean region. Where possible we act as an umbrella organisation for existing UK Caribbean Diaspora groups.
Promote the benefit of the public, in particular but not exclusively members of the Caribbean Community in Milton Keynes and the surrounding area, by:
- The advancement of education through our Supplemental School /Mentorship program.
- The promotion and preservation of good health through our annual Health Forum.
- Promoting the Caribbean culture within our schools and community activities.
- Promote Caribbean/UK Businesses
To be more visible in the following areas:
- Helping young people, in particular but not exclusively members of the mixed race community to develop their capabilities that they may grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
- Developing a supportive service for the elderly of Caribbean descent in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas.
To promote to the benefit of the public, in particular but not exclusively members of the Caribbean Community in Milton Keynes, its surrounding area and the wider Caribbean region by:
- The promotion and preservation of good health.
- The advancement of education.
- Helping Young People, particular members of the Dual Heritage Community to develop their capabilities that they may grow to full maturity understanding both cultures.
- Promote the Caribbean as a region
- Act as an umbrella organisation for Caribbean Diaspora groups in the UK
Financial donations to; Diabetes UK, Willen Hospice, Haiti Earthquake Appeal, Prostate Cancer UK, MK Wanderers U9 football team and Alpha Boys Home in Jamaica. Also provided computers to the Oasis Project (The Gambia); sponsored a child in Haiti and in the Dominic Republic through Plan UK and completed sponsorship of a 6th Form student through college in Saint Lucia.
Info needed here...